Screen Sharing is Now More User Friendly
- Text chat notifications sent to presenters when screen sharing
- Easily switch which file is being displayed when in application sharing mode
We received a lot of feedback from Freebinar customers on how it was difficult to use screen sharing and view incoming text chats at the same time. To solve this issue, we’ve added text chat notifications. Now when in screen sharing mode, presenters receive a pop-up notification when an attendee sends a text chat.
We have also made usability improvements to application sharing. Presenters can now easily switch the application being shared directly from the system tray. We’ve also changed the view attendees see when application sharing is paused, now attendees see a snapshot of the application rather than a blank gray screen. For example, if the presenter is displaying a PowerPoint presentation via application sharing and needs to view the Freebinar interface to respond to a text chat, attendees will still see PowerPoint on their screens.
* These screen sharing upgrades are immediately available to presenters on PC’s who install the updated Freebinar screen sharing plug-in. Mac users and those who haven’t installed the plug-in can still use screen sharing in full screen mode.
Presenters Can Now Easily Edit Recordings
- Adjust start and finish times
- Add bookmarks (cue points) within the presentation
The new recording editing feature includes the ability to adjust the start and stop time of recorded meetings. Presenters can now also add bookmarks (cue points), which take viewers to specific points in the presentation.
If you have any questions or would like more information about Freebinar’s new features, be sure to check out our support site: