Image source: Redbrand Media
It can be difficult to get your company to break through the clutter of content that invades social media every day and boost lead generation. Social media is becoming increasingly visual, requiring you to go beyond text in order to get your message across. With this in mind, here are five visual ways to help generate leads for your business and increase the effectiveness of your social media efforts.
- Pictures – A picture is worth a thousand words. We’ve heard this phrase over and over again, but there’s no denying its validity. Pictures provide a lot of information immediately and have become a big part of social media. A recent article in Fast Company by Intel’s social media strategist Ekaterina Walter, points to a 2012 study by ROI Research, which found that “44 percent of respondents were more likely to engage with brands if they post pictures than with any other media.”
- Infographics – Visual graphs provide immediate information that is easy to interpret. Social media experts like Jeff Bullas and lead generation experts like Matt Ford often use such graphs in their blogs to clearly illustrate their point. In the past, it was hard to create infographics unless you had a graphic designer on staff. Today it’s much easier. In a PC World article earlier this year, Angela West describes how to get started and the tools you will need to create effective infographics that get the attention of your perspective leads. “By combining images with data, infographics get much more mileage than text or graphics alone.”
- Company Website – Your website is perhaps the most important aspect of your company’s social media outreach. The website is the first place people go to when looking for information about your company, so it must grab the attention of your target audience and encourage engagement immediately upon entry. With this in mind, choosing the right images is essential when building your website. Designer and writer Andrew Beck sums it up nicely in The ROI Factor, “A well-constructed image will be infinitely more effective than any description a copywriter can add.”
- YouTube – Where do the masses go when they want to watch the latest video? That’s right, YouTube. A YouTube video is a great way to not only capture the attention of your target audience it can capture the attention of everyone. YouTube videos can get played over and over again, and even go viral, bringing that much more exposure to your company’s story. According to an article by Melanie Perk on ViralAdNetwork.com, “YouTube can be one of the most effective and inexpensive ways of generating traffic for to your website.”
- Webinar – A webinar is a great way to get your message out to the masses, and there are a variety of ways to use a webinar platform (like AnyMeeting) to increase your company’s visibility. Webinars provide a forum for you to show and discuss your product or service to a large audience (in multiple geographic locations), live, in real-time. Attendees can also participate with questions and comments. Webinars can also be recorded, so those who are not able to attend your presentation can still see and hear your story. Also, “webinars get linked to more often,” according to Matt Anderson, a marketing expert who contributes to MojoMediaLabs, “the more backlinks you have, the more authoritative your site is.”
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, so use visual components to your advantage. Social media provides a terrific outlet to get the word out about your company and its innovative product. Using visual components as part of your company’s social media strategy can help you rise above the clutter and quickly grab your target audience.