The AnyMeeting product engineering team has been hard at work on a number of new enhancements and just released two updates designed to improve your overall web conferencing experience.
Screen Sharing Plug-in for Windows Users
In order to improve the screen sharing experience and eliminate occasional issues caused by Java, AnyMeeting has released a new Windows plug-in that makes screen sharing a snap! (Mac Users: Stay tuned, screen sharing improvements for you coming soon! Check out our tips for Mac Users here.) There are some significant benefits to using this new plug-in including:
- Increased security. The previous version of screen sharing relied upon Oracle’s Java programming language which has been widely reported recently to have exposed user computers to security vulnerabilities.
- Download once and you’re done. No need to continually keep your computer up to date with the latest browser and Java versions that often cause conflicts and affect application performance and behavior and frustrate users.
- Improved screen sharing speed and performance. Our plug-in uses native C++ code which is much faster than Java. This means that you’ll have slightly snappier performance when using the new screen sharing plugin.
To get the new Windows plug-in, log in to your account and follow the prompts in the account management screens.
Improved Meeting Recordings
In addition to the Screen Sharing for Windows plug-in, we’re pleased to announce the release of improved recordings for meetings and webinars. This exciting new feature has replaced our previous version of capturing and recording audio and video of webinars and meetings. As our previous recording format consisted of a number of large files, from various sources, our brand new version of the recording feature consists of one single file with all of the recording content from a meeting captured and played back as a single MP4 file. The benefits of this include:
- Consistent playback. One file means all elements are synched and will play back the same way every time.
- Better layout. When viewing the new version of recordings, you will notice that the Text Chat area has been removed. This allows us to maximize the video portion of the recording. This is perfect for slide presentations! You may also share yourself on webcam and screen share with a nice crisp large view of the video.
- Faster processing time. Your recordings should finish consistently faster than before.